Mumbai (Maharashtra) [India], April 21: Excelia Tourism School is aligning its strategy to meet the latest challenges facing the international tourism industry. This new approach will be achieved by a revised structure and an improved educational offer, as well as the deployment of resources to support industry players in innovating and anticipating change.
A unique survey driving the development of Excelia Tourism School
In 2022, Excelia Tourism School launched a field survey involving some twenty business leaders from within the tourism sector, as well as educational stakeholders, key players, research-active Faculty members, employees, graduates, and students.
The results of the survey highlighted a number of transformations in the industry, which have a direct impact on pedagogy.
Excelia Tourism School’s pedagogical transformation is centred on:
▪ Highly personalised learning: a wide range of electives to replace specialisations; à la carte certifications to be made available (e.g. Carbon Footprint, Digital School Certificates in videography and Influence Marketing, etc.); students to develop a portfolio of personalised experiences (baking, cookery, tour guiding, etc.) ensuring they have a unique path, making them stand out.
▪ Augmented and immersive experience: experiential modules using virtual reality; pedagogical immersion projects in France and abroad.
▪ Transversality: Learning Expeditions in completely different domains (e.g. Design, Architecture, Digital Technology, Gastronomy); courses in general knowledge, forecasting, geopolitics, and economic intelligence; introduction to areas such as the arts, mindfulness, and emotional intelligence; a strong focus on the acquisition of social skills.
▪ Programmes tailored to the appropriate level of decision-making: Bachelor programmes designed for Middle Management; Master programmes designed for Senior Management.
Pascal Capellari, Director, Excelia Tourism School said “As the very first school to have built its raison d’être on the need to develop professionalism in the field of tourism management, Excelia Tourism School is once again adopting a pioneering stance. It is enhancing its educational offer to meet the latest challenges in the industry and is working to support tourism stakeholders in anticipating future developments by implementing a forecasting approach that is unprecedented in the sector.”
- A lifelong learning offer designed to further professionalism within the industry
Developing a continuing education offer that meets two objectives:
- To support the transformation of the sector.
- To ensure that those involved in international tourism gain in professionalism through a range of tailor-made programmes.
- A new Advisory Board
- Excelia Tourism School has set up a Strategic Advisory Board (SAB), made up of experts from the tourism industry, to review the school’s main issues and challenges, and to recommend relevant strategic guidelines.
- The SAB will be chaired by Dominique Hummel, an industry expert who has held several executive positions in the field of tourism including Innovation Director for the Compagnie des Alpes, President of Futuroscope, Chief Executive Officer of the Poitou-Charentes region.
- Dominique Hummel will be joined by some fifteen other prominent figures from the world of business and academia.
EXCELIA’S RESOURCES TO SUPPORT THE TRANSFORMATION OF THE INTERNATIONAL TOURISM SECTOR
Excelia Tourism School has established itself as a driving force for transformation, deploying a range of resources to support industry players in their efforts to anticipate and innovate.
Recognised tourism research
- Excelia Tourism School boasts a specialised academic research centre which is part of the Scientific Interest Group ‘Tourism Studies’, supported by the CNRS, the French government research agency.
- The school’s Tourism Management Institute (TMI) is another research institute, focussing on conducting applied research in conjunction with companies.
- The 18 research-active Faculty involved in Excelia’s research dedicated to tourism generate some 40 academic articles at the highest possible level, every year.
Enhanced entrepreneurial focus
- XL Entrepreneur: aimed at accelerating impact innovation, this study track has been designed to support initiatives from the idea stage right through company creation, and ultimately to the development of new sustainable business solutions.
- 34 projects are currently in the incubation phase, 50% of which are ‘Impact’ projects.
Unprecedented initiative for forecasting in the tourism industry
- The school has launched a new and pioneering study course, ‘Forecasting in the Tourism Industry’, designed to educate students to become pioneering tourism professionals of the future.
EXCELIA TOURISM SCHOOL IN FACTS & FIGURES
- 2005:date of creation
- Only French institution to be awarded a State-accredited and UNWTO-TedQual-certified qualification, since 2008
- 20 years of expertise, developed in the field and from within the local regions, and supported by high-level international research through an applied research institute
- 500 students
- 3,000 graduates
- 5undergraduate/postgraduate programmes
- 18 permanent professors and 120industry professional lecturers
- 1Tourism Management Institute
- 40 research articles generated every year
- 67 academic partners
- 6 double qualifications, (3 French, 3 international)
- 90%of MSc graduates secure employment within 6 months
- 42% of MSc graduates work internationally
Created in 1988, Excelia is one of the leading French Higher Education groups. With a strong presence in its local regions, and an international outlook, it comprises 5 Schools operating over 4 campuses: Excelia Business School, Excelia Tourism School, Excelia Digital School, Excelia Academy, Excelia Executive Education. It currently educates some 5,500 students and boasts some 42,000 graduates. It holds the following labels and accreditations: EESPIG, AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA and EFMD, as well as UNWTO-TedQual (United Nations) in the field of tourism.
If you have any objection to this press release content, kindly contact pr.error.rectification[at]gmail.com to notify us. We will respond and rectify the situation in the next 24 hours.