Ahmedabad (Gujarat) [India], October 25: Rang Bahar Institute of Dance, Drama, and Music, and Aavishkar Academy, is set to host the inaugural *Rajendra Bhagat Rashtriya Natya Mahotsav, a grand celebration of India’s diverse theatrical heritage. This three-day national drama festival will grace the stage from **October 28th to 30th* at the HK Arts College Auditorium in Ahmedabad.
The Rajendra Bhagat Rashtriya Natya Mahotsav pays homage to the late Rajendra Bhagat, a visionary who foresaw the need to bring the vibrant tapestry of Indian national theatre to Ahmedabad during the 1980s. This festival marks the realization of his ambitious dream, creating a platform where talented theatre groups from across India converge to showcase their artistry and deliver powerful narratives in multiple languages.
Quote from the organizer: “We are overjoyed to organize the first Rajendra Bhagat Rashtriya Natya Mahotsav in Ahmedabad, turning Rajendra Bhagat’s dream into a living reality. We invite everyone to celebrate this remarkable journey. We’re confident that the people of Ahmedabad will love the performances, and this festival is just the beginning of many more to come.”
The Rajendra Bhagat Rashtriya Natya Mahotsav promises to be a spectacular celebration and a rich array of theatre performances that will captivate audiences and ignite conversations.
Ahmedabad (Gujarat) [India], October 24:
1. Ghalib in New Delhi (Presented by Pierrot’s Troupe, Delhi)
– Directed by Dr. M Sayeed Alam
– India’s longest-running comedy with over 550 shows. Join Mirza Ghalib as he revisits modern ‘Delhi’ in 2023, relishing his posthumous fame.
2. Charchaughi (Jigisha Creations, Mumbai)
– Directed by Chandrakant Kulkarni
– A landmark in Marathi theatre. Follow the journey of four women breaking free from patriarchal society, making unusual life decisions, shedding light on the man-woman relationship.
3. Seedhi dar Seedhi urf Tukke pe Tukka (Rang Vidushak, Bhopal)
– Directed by Bansi Kaul
– A tale of absurdity and humor where an illiterate Tukku rises to power in the imperial court, delivering ridiculous yet welcomed decisions.
The Rajendra Bhagat Rashtriya Natya Mahotsav is a cultural extravaganza that promises to leave a lasting impression on all those who attend. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to witness the rich tapestry of Indian theatre unfold in Ahmedabad. For more information, stay tuned and mark your calendars for October 28th to 30th!
If you have any objection to this press release content, kindly contact pr.error.rectification[at]gmail.com to notify us. We will respond and rectify the situation in the next 24 hours.